Thursday, March 22, 2012

Skipping Stones

It's so funny how things can change but nothing really changes. I was reading back through the last couple months and everything in my life that has changed, but stayed completely the same. Friends have come and gone, while others have remained and grown closer. Old "stones" have come back and tried to put themselves back on the path much to my own dismay. While new "stones" and unnoticed "stones" have been popping up all over the pathway.

None of these current "stones" captures my full attention and passion though. Something just seems to be lacking or missing in each one. Picking up the "stones" and admiring them feels more like a waste of time, even though it is a self-esteem booster. But the desire to find that perfect "stone" that will skip across the water beautifully keeps me interested.

While looking back at all the "stones" that have made up the pathway, I find discouragement. If I have already looked through all those "stones" whose to say I will ever find that perfect "stone"? It seems almost like an unattainable dream, one that may never come true. Because of my piqued interest and dream of perfection, I can't seem to stop or give up on my hunt for the perfect "stone".

I know that one day if I have looked hard enough and remained diligent I will find my perfect water-skipping "stone". The hard part is remembering it will be worth it to see the "stone" gently glide over the water, to be able to see the perfection of what I have been searching for so long to find.

No comments:

Post a Comment