Sunday, May 13, 2012

I am blessed.

Sometimes I have time to sit and think. At these times I realize how blessed and amazing my life is. Everything always seems to work out, and I am so grateful for that. And I am grateful for the many amazing people in my life who care about me, worry about me, and constantly are willing to help me.

Sometimes I require people to tell me things to actually realize they are true. I'm sure I know it, but a verbal affirmation confirms it to me. For example, I was at work today having a conversation with a co-worker...
Me: "Oh yeah, that's who I'm dating, you know him?"
Co-Worker:"Oh my goodness! yes! I am so happy your dating him! He is the sweetest guy! You deserve a guy like that."
Me;"Yeah, he is pretty great(While thinking to myself 'wow, he really is sweet')"

I think the thing is I know he is a good guy and sweet, it just makes me feel good to hear it from multiple other people. It makes me realize how lucky I am.

In another conversation with some other co-workers we talked of how everyone we graduated with are married with one or two children, getting divorced and so on, and we are still single and without children. I'm not saying that being married is bad or having multiple children at my age is bad. I'm just grateful that I have taken the path that I have. I'm happy I have been able to grow as an individual, and realize who I am. I am grateful I have been able to accomplish many of my goals, and to have many of the wonderful and horrible experiences I have had, that I wouldn't of otherwise had, had I been married. I am so grateful for the people I have come into contact with who have changed my life, that I would have never met had I chosen a different path. I'm okay being by myself, I know who I am, and I am comfortable with me. In fact, I was having a disagreement with "the man" the other day about something and I said, "It's who I am, you can either deal with it or leave." Because I am confident with who I am, and I'm not going to change to appease someone else(well at least the core of me, my values and such. Some bad habits like staying up too late, always being late, and poor eating habits could change and go...ha ha), no matter how cute.

I appreciate my wonderful family who have always been supportive, and advised me to go after my dreams. I definitely would not have been able to make the choices I have and be where I am without them, and all the love and guidance they have shown me.

Anyways...I was just thinking of how blessed and grateful I am, and that I probably should voice(write) my appreciation.

No comments:

Post a Comment