Monday, January 23, 2012

BE BEAUTIFUL YOU!

People inspire me. They make me want to be better, to do better. In my dress and humanities class we have been challenged to make a change in the world. It's not something required of us, but it is something I want to do. I have the strongest desire to change the world. To see the beauty in all things. I want to make the world a beautiful place. To make people happy, and feel good about themselves. I want to make an impact for good on this earth. That's been one of my biggest dreams for awhile, I'm just not entirely sure how to make it happen. There are plenty of amazing organizations that provide to benefit people around the world. For example:

The United Way
Universities Fighting World Hunger
FEED Projects
Invisible Children
Think Pink, Inc.
World Food Programme

These are all amazing organizations, and truly help people. But the change that I hope to make in the world is confidence. There are so many people in this country and the world that are depressed and not comfortable with who they are. They hate their weight, their personality, the stupid decisions they make, when truly they are beautiful people who have so much potential. I just want to point out how truly amazing they are. A confident person is capable of doing many things that they could have seen as impossible before. Weight, body features, personality, stupid decisions and the like do not stop us from doing something incredible. With the right amount of desire a person can do anything they set their heart and mind to. I say heart because if you back everything you do with love, I believe anything is possible. Recently in an English class I wrote a paper titled forging against the media's perception of beauty. In that paper I prove how much our lives are impacted by the media, and how the media destroys the view people (mostly women) have of themselves. Being a woman who has suffered from the self-doubt and insecurities of not being "good-enough" according to the world's standards I know how tough it is. It makes you feel that no matter what you do, it will never be good enough. But the truth is we are all SO amazing. We are all different and have different talents and abilities that others don't even dream of having. Our potential is limitless.

Beauty Redefined

I LOVE this organization, this is something I stand for completely, because it is something I battle on a daily basis. Beauty Redefined is taking a stand against what we are told to think and be viewed as and who we really are, and how amazing we are. I think this is completely phenomenal, and I want to create a change in this world. I want to make people happy to be WHO they are, not trying to be someone else. I want to start some sort of movement, but I am not sure how to go about it. So any advice and people willing to help would be great! Thanks!

1 comment:

  1. i love this! i think it's so important for us to be happy in our skin! we should love ourselves for who we are and not hate ourselve for what we aren't because of societies skewed body image. i think you are beautiful and amazing and funny!! i'm so glad to have you in my life linds!! :)

    ReplyDelete