Tuesday, February 7, 2012

You know it's time to move to a new town when....

When you get asked on a date by a "cute guy" in your ward, he tells you he will pick you up Monday at 8 and then tell you what you're going to be doing. He texts you a couple hours before to tell you, that you will be going on a scavenger hunt double date with "Football Boy". Yes, "Football Boy" the same guy you went to the football game with on a date last semester. The same guy who ignored you half way through the 3rd quarter when his sister shows up, then ditches you and makes you walk home alone. So a little awkward but nothing that can't be handled.

So when 8 rolls around and "cute guy" picks me up I tell him that I have gone out with "football boy" last semester and he worriedly asks, "Is this gonna be awkward, I didn't tell him you were my date." To which of course my response was, "no it's fine, it will only be awkward if we make it that way." So we show up to "football boy's" apartment and there are two girls there and him...awkward? No.... They are making donuts when we get there and "cute guy", kind of confused asked, "so when are we gonna go on a scavenger hunt." To which "football boy" replies, "Oh well we kinda just thought we would do donuts instead." At this point one of the girls chimes in, "we need to go to wal-mart to get oil to fry the donuts." The other girl says that she will drive, and "cute guy" says that he will drive and we will meet them there. (thank goodness, cuz I was on awkward overload).

So we drive to Wal-mart and discuss the situation of what is going on. I say I am fine with whatever, because really I was, and he offers to maybe bail and do our own thing(which I was more than ok with). "Cute guy" also apologizes for not being able to go on a scavenger hunt he says, "I left it up to "football boy" and I guess he isn't quite the planner like I am." ha ha. So we go into wal-mart while we wait for them to get there. As we are walking around we run into "cheer man" who I dated a bit last year. We both said "hello" and walked our separate ways, but it only took "cute guy" a half a second to say, "so how many guys are we going to run into tonight that you have dated?" To which my response is, "well I would like to tell you none, but the chances are high we may see one more guy I have dated tonight." It's always great to start out a new something with old somethings all over the place. So we decide to leave wal-mart and "cute guy" calls "football boy" and asks where they are and what is up with the two girls. After the phone call "cute guy" tells me that "football boy" didn't realize that he was going to be getting his own date so he got a date for him. They also had decided to go to Lee's instead of wal-mart, so we head back to "football boy's" house. (great, so now we have to go back to "football guy's" house where there are two girls, one of which thought they were going to be on a date with "cute guy" just my luck the way this date is going). I should tell you that "cute boy" did once again apologize for the awkward situation, and then told me that he wanted to take me out, which made me feel a little better.

So we make it back to "football boy's" house and start to make donuts, making the best of the situation, but ultimately allow the three to make the majority and chat with my date. At about 9:30 "cute guy" says we are headed out and we go get smoothies, and continue chatting. Then he takes me home, we chat some more and I bid him adieu. Let me tell you though, the last part was far better than the first part. Second date? I don't know, I guess we will have to see. He is a pretty cool guy though. But it is definitely time for me to be in a town where I haven't dated half the men...

2 comments: