Monday, May 9, 2011

What I Want Will Never Happen

I want to be a man's inspiration.
I want a man to think I am amazing and perfect the way I am.
I want a man who doesn't want me to change, but to just be me.
I want to love a man....forever.
I want to grow old with my best friend.
I want to live my own happily ever after.
But maybe what I want is not what I need.
And since I cannot control any of the above,
I will do things I can control.
I will finish school and start a career.
I will pay off my student loans.
I will love my family, because they are my all.
I will treat everyone I meet with love and respect (even though some are less deserving).
I will serve others.
I will strengthen my testimony everyday.
I will be an example to others by the way I live my life.
I will be a generally joyful person, causing others to be happy.
I will travel the world, even if I have to do it by myself.
I will not trust men to be there for me when I need them.
I will not get my heart broken anymore.
I will not get attached to any man.
I will go to the temple one day.
I will fall in love with my hobbies.
I will create adventure and spontaneity in my life.
I will enjoy and utilize the true meaning of friendship and the true friends I have.
I will be ok.

1 comment: