Thursday, June 30, 2011

Greener Grass

“All of these dreams in my head keep spinning round and round. Make this picture perfect. All these lines on my page won’t mean anything until I learn to erase the ones that I don’t need. I am covering up the stupid mistakes and starting over and over again to make this picture perfect. I will start with where I am standing now and keep in check in where I want to be. No one can tear my picture down, because it’s me, this self portrait I’m creating. I’m doing fine.”

I heard this song on a movie and it really struck me. We are trying to make our picture perfect. In life we start at the beginning we make mistakes and through repentance we erase our mistakes in a sense to create a beautiful picture. Also the stupid mistakes we make are what help us learn from past experiences and mold into a more developed person. I am sure we all have a nasty paint splatter that could have ruined our picture but through repentance it has become far more beautiful than we imagined.

No comments:

Post a Comment