Sunday, June 26, 2011

My Missionary

Walking in 5 minutes late she rushed to find an open seat, she spotted the familiar faces she was looking for, and as discreetly as possible climbed over a few people to get to her seat. Once seated she realized that around her were many children. She was grateful for the change of company, for too long she had been surrounded by irritable adults. She started to shiver in the cold chapel and thought to herself she should have woken up earlier and had time to blow-dry her hair. Nevertheless she was not about to let anything distract her from why she was there, to feel the spirit and listen to her best friend speak. After about ten minutes, children were crawling over her to get from one side to the other, still she sat rather un-phased. She could have chosen to be perturbed by the children, but instead decided to look at them for the miracle they are. Children bring so much entertainment and smiles, and she was grateful for the smile they brought upon her lips. As her best friend got up to speak she listened intently, but soon her mind wandered, wondering what she would do without the companionship of her friend for a year and a half. She knew she would make it through with letters and putting her faith in Christ, but she also knew that no one could fill that spot. No one could measure up to the bar set by her best friend, because never before has she met some one that she can yell at and fight with and a day later all wounds are mended and better than before. Her best friend has always been there for her, and they have gone through many trials and struggles with the others help.

This is the story of my day today. I went to my best friends mission farewell, and as much as I am going to miss her, I look forward to sending her, her first letter and receiving my first letter. I know she will do amazing things, and many people will learn of the gospel because of her. I love you so much Shayla! I am so excited to hear all the amazing stories I am sure you will gain, and all the people's lives you have changed, because I know you have changed mine.

P.S.
Here is a couple songs I am LOVING right now...
Long Hot Summer
and Dirt Road Anthem

No comments:

Post a Comment